Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch Deals

By Edward (NC) -
This review is from: Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch 120Hz 1080p 3D Internet LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
Here are the picture settings I got from calibrating this Sony TV using Spears & Munsil HD Calibration Disc and a second free calibration disc. I also pulled & compared several settings from the AVS Forum where many posters had posted their calibration settings (thanks to previous reviewer DCT for the link to the AVS Forum).

Open Settings, choose Eco then turn OFF Light Sensor
Open Settings, choose Picture, then Picture Mode and choose Custom.
Scroll down and then turn OFF Noise Reduction, MPEG Noise Reduction, Motionflow & CineMotion
Scroll down and choose Advance Settings, then turn off Adv. Contrast Enhancer, Black Corrector, Clear White, Live Color and LED Motion Mode (set Gamma to zero)
Scroll up and make the following settings:
Backlight: 5
Picture: 85 (Picture, or contrast, adjusts the intensity of light and brightens white images)
Brightness: 53 (Brightness adjusts the level of black images)
Color: 48
Hue: 0
Sharpness: Min (0) - Set no higher than 8
Color Temperature: Neutral
Scroll down to Advance Settings and then set Adv. Contrast Enhancer to Low

This looks spectacular with a Hi-Def source, but looks way too bright when viewing Standard Def channels. So I set up a 2nd setting in the Picture Mode of Standard.

Open Settings, choose Picture, then Picture Mode and choose Standard (choosing Vivid does not give you access to Advance Settings).
Backlight: 5
Picture: 42
Brightness: 50
Color: 40
Hue: 0
Sharpness: Min (0)
Color Temperature: Neutral
Scroll down to Advance Settings then set Adv. Contrast Enhancer to Medium
Leave everything else set to off or zero

I leave the television's Picture Mode in Standard while channel surfing (Hi & Standard Definition). I switch Picture Mode to Custom (press the OPTIONS button on your remote and choose Picture Mode) when I'm watching Hi-Def channel, movie or blueray. These settings may not exactly match the settings that will work in your room, and I'm certainly no expert, but this should get you started.

The picture quality is stunning and the passive 3D is just plain fun to watch. My only issue is that I cannot get the Netflix app to connect to Netflix. Sony's tech support has been unable to fix the issue either. The included Amazon Instant Video app and all other apps work fine.

Edit 07/20/2013: Sony's tech support fixed the Netflix connection issues. We had to customize the TV's network IP settings and now connects fine.

 By Nerd Herd (Texas) -
This review is from: Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch 120Hz 1080p 3D Internet LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
After my BRAND SPANKING NEW Samsung UN60ES8000 failed on me (see my review on that set if you're interested), I decided to try out this model. Oh dear lord is this an awesome tv. It's not going to win any awards for the best form factor since sliced bread, but the sheer screen size and beautiful picture is something you must see for yourself. I purchased the 70" model of this tv and couldn't be happier. It's a bit heavy at 60 or 65 lbs or so, but it's wall mounted to my articulating mount safely and securely. I still need to calibrate many of the settings, but for the average Joe, the three standard settings are plenty good.

In case some of you are gamers with Xbox 360s, be aware that you may have an "OH NO!" moment when the tv blacks out after your 360 starts a game/movie, but this is due to the tv's auto picture control not communicating with the system. I simply turned this automatic feature off and voila...no problems. (I somehow suspect Sony did this purposely, lol)

Oh yeah, and the 3D is cool I guess, but not really a fan of that stuff. The fact that this is passive 3D makes me happier than my previous tv with battery-powered glasses, but the fact of the matter is I won't truly adopt 3D until there are holograms in my living room and I don't need to wear glasses.

Anyway, back to topic...purchase this tv...at any size...with confidence.

By Matthew Herrera - 
This review is from: Sony KDL-50R550A 50-Inch 120Hz 1080p LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
I have literally been buying a new TV on average every year and a half or so. I always go for the mid line, new technology as I feel that's where I get the most value. This time, I knew exactly what I wanted. I was looking for an LED with at least 120MHZ refresh rate somewhere between 47-55 inches. When I found this, I thought something had to be wrong for a Sony (which I've always looked at as top of the line) to meet all these specs and be at this price. What's even better is it is a 2013 model Sony. I was skeptical until I turned the TV on. Wow. Picture is beautiful; right out of the box. Amazing clarity, color, blacks, you name it. SEN apps work perfect. Internet set up super easy. Only drawback is remote could be a little nicer, but that is hardly worth mentioning at this value. For this price, good luck finding better. Super satisfied with this purchase.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét