Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Sony BRAVIA KDL-60EX500 60-Inch Deals

By Larry Sawyer -
This review is from: Sony BRAVIA KDL-60EX500 60-Inch LCD TV, Black (Electronics)
I researched which new TV to get for several months. I went back and forth between Plasma and LCD or LED. I went to all the usual stores and looked at the TV's side by side, trying to figure out which picture I liked the best. For a larger TV (bigger than 55") I liked the Sony 60EX500 the best. The colors looked the most natural to me. Some of the LED sets, the colors seemed a bit too bright and exagerated.

I have had the set about 5 days now, and I spent all Sunday watching TV. I watched a bunch of sports in HD. I watched some football that looked great. I watched some baseball that was so clean, it was better than being there. I watched some golf, and the details on the greens and course made me think I could read the puts as good as the caddies.

I watched a couple episodes of Wild Russia with the kids, and the colors were so bright and clean, while the blacks were dark but didn't bleed at all. I even watched the 5th Element in HD, and was amazed at how great that movie still is all these years later.

Overall, the picture quality is very clean and realistic. I was very impressed with the black levels of this set as well. To me, it had the best picture quality and features for the price.

 By C. Shay (Santa Rosa, CA USA) -
This review is from: Sony BRAVIA KDL-60EX500 60-Inch LCD TV, Black (Electronics)
I did not buy this tv from Amazon.com but feel compelled to review it here. I had a five year old WEGA 60" that was 720p but top of the line in it's day. Three months out of my 5 year extended warranty a blue haze began to appear across the bottom of the screen. I called Sony and they informed me it was the dreaded optical engine failure. I could take photos, jump through a couple hoops and they would give me a new 40", a 46" for $250 or this 60" for $550.00. Once you go 60 there's no going back so it was this set we bought. It arrived very timely and so far we love it (and love those class-action law suits). I went onto the AVS Forum and found a tech who had calibrated this same set. I carefully copied all the settings and WOW! Lotsa' punchy, realistic color yet not glassy, or candy looking. Blacks are deep and various levels of black are very distinguishable. I know I made a worthwhile upgrade when I find myself rewatching all my blu-ray dvd's to catch the detail I was missing before.
Only downside is sound. The old rear-projection lcd set had awesome sound. This thin model has little room for speakers and subwoofers. I have a surround sound system but will still invest soon in a small sound bar or some powered speakers for non-theater listening. Just hoping to set the record a little straighter. Sony customer service may have treated someone poorly but that shouldn't reflect on the review of this set. That's a review of their customer service. One last word. Careful calibration of any set can make a huge difference. Plan on doing it when you purchase a set.
By R. Johns "Bobby" (VA) -
This review is from: Sony BRAVIA KDL-60EX500 60-Inch LCD TV, Black (Electronics)
I had a sony SXRD KDS-60A200 for about 5 years and started having issues. I called Sony for help and they said they would send me out this TV for a very small price. It was a win/win. I got a new TV and they get rid of some older inventory and kept a customer in the Sony family.

When I read the review on Amazon before the TV came, I was expecting a big PoS TV to arrive at my house. I gotta tell ya, the picture is outstanding, the setup was easy, more HDMI hookups than I know what to do with. This thing is great for gaming, blu-ray and everyday HDTV use. This years superbowl looked amazing. If I was to do a side by side comparison of a bunch of TV's in my living room I may be a bit more critical. If I was going from a large HQ plasma to this I may be a bit more critical. I jumped from a 5yr old 1080p that I was impressed with to this which is awesome. I have a big room to fill and the super plasmas and 3D TV's that are rated highly will run you about 3 - 7 grand for the same size TV. If you have that kind of coin to drop...more power to you. This is an outstanding TV which you can find for $1,300.00 that will still WOW your friends when they come over and serve all the mainstream technology. Let's face it...there is really not that much in 3D at this time so I'll hold off on that technology until prices come down and it solidifies it's market position.

As an added bonus...Sony's customer support became rock stars in my eyes with all their help.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét