Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Sony BRAVIA KDL40EX720 40-Inch Deals

By Moldy Oldy Computer Geek (United States) -
This review is from: Sony BRAVIA KDL60EX720 60-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
Sony offers a variety (i.e. confusing array) of very similar TV models. I wanted a 60" screen, but decided on the EX rather than the NX once I understood the differences. In case anyone else finds themselves similarly confused, here is my take on the two models.

The NX costs $400-500 more than the EX, but seems to have the same basic TV inside. For me, the following features weren't worth the extra several hundred bucks:

(1) WiFi -- Wireless access is noticeably slower than wired for streaming video, so I wouldn't use that if I had it.

(2) Gorilla Glass -- The NX weighs about six pounds more, mainly because of the giant sheet of "Gorilla Glass" covering the front screen. Sony calls this feature a border-less "monolithic design", but I found it a bit silly. The TV looks border-less only when it's turned off. The NX actually has a slightly larger border than the cheaper EX model. But perhaps Sony expects their customers to not turn their sets on, and instead simply stare at a huge border-less $2500 black monolith.

(3) Dynamic Edge -- The last major difference between the two sets is something Sony calls Dynamic Edge. This is for those few picky people out there who whine that they can detect a small amount of white light bleeding in the border when viewed in a dark room at an extreme angle during a very dark scene. So Sony invented a way to automatically turn the edge LEDs on and off depending on the darkness at the edge of the image. Some purists claim the picture looks better that way, while others say it makes some images harder to see. Personally, I'd rather not have such a complex feature (i.e. failure prone) in my already very expensive TV set to remedy such a trivial issue. So I chose to skip that "feature" and keep another hundred in my wallet.

After watching this TV in my living room for a month, I'm thrilled I didn't go for the more expensive NX model. This set has a fantastic picture and great features. I especially like how the TV turns itself on when I power on my Sony Blu-Ray player, and I don't even have to fiddle with input settings. Every TV should do this!!

 By jaunticed eye John (Vegas, Nv. United States) -
This review is from: Sony BRAVIA KDL32EX720 32-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV, Black (Electronics)
I was looking for a 32 inch TV to fit in a cabinet I had made for the living room. Most TVs in this size are pretty basic and was looking for something a little more high tech. This model of Sony fit the bill perfectly. The styling of the TV is really nice with a glossy black bezel all around and without the funny grey band on the bottom of the lesser 32s Sony sells. The screen is more of a matte look and is great in eliminating glare from nearby windows. I purchased the set primarily for the Internet streaming and so far this works great. I was disappointed that I had to buy the wifi adapter for wireless streaming but it works really well. If your lucky to have your internet close to the TV you can plug the ethernet cord directly to the TV. I have kind of a lousy internet provider but it didn't seem to effect the streaming to the TV. The TV found my home network quickly and connected easily. There was a software update and it did this quickly also. There are a number of internet sites that come up on the menu including Netfix, Hulu, You Tube ,Crackle, Amazon instant movies, Qriosity (Sony library) etc. Qriosity has hundreds of movies available including 3D movies. They are not free however and charge anywhere from $3-$6 depending on if you want Standard Def, High Def or 3D. You can watch the previews for free, however, which I did for several hours. The need for a blue ray player is questionable as there is so much content available through these internet sites. The remote has no keyboard so a lot of scrolling around for is required for doing searches on You Tube, kind of a pain. I have not tried the 3D feature yet so cannot comment on this. The picture is beautiful out of the box and required very little adjustment by me to make it perfect. The speakers, like most LED TVs are really bad and a sound bar or external speakers are a must. The TV satisfied most of the requirements I had and at a price that was quite reasonable.
By D. Canfield (Indianapolis, IN USA) -
This review is from: Sony BRAVIA KDL46EX720 46-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV, Black (2011 Model) (Electronics)
To put it simply - the 3D in this TV does not work with the current firmware version. The top 1/3 of the TV is completely blurry in 3D mode regardless of the source.

After 10 calls, two months of waiting for them to send me nonsense like flash drives with ancient firmware that didn't work, polarizer lenses that didn't fit my glasses, a replacement TV, a visit from their repairman (who told me he would never buy a Sony TV), and finally just refusing to hang up until I got my call escalated, I *finally* spoke to a Sony engineer tonight. He got out a matching model and I talked him through reproducing the problem with this model and the online demo videos. It was almost amusing to hear him saying, "oh, that looks terrible! Oh, and this video is even worse!"

He promised he would take it to the software department, and then even called me back about 30 minutes later to let me know he'd taken the problem to the software engineers and they would be working on the problem. I'm sure it will be many weeks before an update is released, and I simply can't forgive the HORRIBLE Sony service (every call to their call center will be full of static and echos), but I am at least hopeful that a resolution will come eventually.

Other than the 3D, the TV is fine. The interface is a little clunky on some of the other features like bravia sync and the yahoo widgets, but it really shines if you hook up a PS3 and sony receiver. You can power on all 3 devices and control the PS3 from one remote. This is actually the reason I bought a Sony setup - I'm hiding my PS3 and receiver in a shelf behind the TV and wanted to be able to control the receiver from the TV.

If I had to do it all again, I probably would not buy Sony equipment - how do you put out a 3D TV and not bother to test the 3D component? But I'm content with this system now that I have it and can wait a while for the 3D fix to arrive

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét